There’s a difference between confidence and arrogance. As a man you must have that confidence that swag people can see when a man is confident he doesn’t have to brag or boast he gives off that vibe. If you are lacking in confidence it can be developed. Here are some ways to build confidence:
1) Dress Fly: The clothes don’t make the man the man makes the clothes. Your clothing reflects the way you carry yourself when you look good you feel good. No one is more conscious of your physical appearance then you are. So take care of your personal appearance. You don’t have to have expensive clothing just be clean and crisp at all times.
2) Put Some Pep In Your Step: A good way to see how people feel about themselves is to examine their walk. Is it slow? Is it painful? Or is it energetic and purposeful? People with confidence walk quickly? They have places to be, people to see, and business to handle. Even if you are not in a hurry put some pep in your step. Walking a little faster will make you look and feel more important.
3) Have Good Posture: They way a person carries them selves says a lot about them . People who slouch and have that lethargic look show a lack of self-confidence. They don’t have that enthusiasm about what they are doing. By having good posture you will feel more confident. Stand up straight, keep your head up , and make eye contact when talking to people. You will make a positive impression on people as well as gain more confidence.
4) Write a Personal Confidence Statement: Listening to motivational speakers and watching videos are great don’t rely on those alone. Create your own motivational speech with enthusiasm 30-60 seconds long that highlights your strengths and goals. You also can write it our read it each day, and recite it in front of a mirror.
5) Show Appreciation & Gratitude For What You Have: Focus on what you want but also sho appreciation for what you have currently. Each day give thanks for past success and current success. Focusing on what you don’t have or lacking decreases your confidence.
6) Compliment Other People: When you don’t think highly of yourself you tend to push that off on other people indirectly. To break that habit show praise to other people. Compliment those in your circle or random people. Doing this you become even more liked it builds character and confidence. Look for the best in people first and it will bring out the best in you.
7) Speak Up: Speak your mind in respectful way don’t worry about if people judge your opinion or being wrong. Most people might feel the same or their scared to speak up. By speaking up in discussions you will be a better speaker more confident in your own thoughts and recognized as a leader by your peers
8) Sit In The Front Row: In school, work, and assemblies a lot of us tend to sit in the back because we don’t want to be noticed are fear being asked a question. It shows a lack of confidence. By sitting in the front it shows confidence you wont miss important information and you are also visible to influential people.
9) Get In Shape/Workout: Besides your personal appearance our physical appearance has an effect on your self-confidence. If you are out of shape you’ll feel insecure, unattractive, and have no energy. By getting yourself in shape you will have a better physical appearance, have more energy and higher confidence.
10) Travel/Get Out Your Comfort Zone: Go alone go hit up a new city, country when you place your self in an environment it makes you act you have to talk to people you. It forces you to be social being social builds confidence.
11) Never Quit: Confident people never quit. How can you be a confident person if you are a constant quitter? The day you quit is the day you start living a life of regret. And that kills self-confidence. You can accomplish what ever you want as long as you stick with it.
You can accomplish almost anything if you just stick to it long enough. Promise your self you will never quit until you accomplish your goals. Have and develop that never give up mentality. This is a major trait among confident people.
“Our greatest glory is not in ever failing, but in rising up every time we fail.”-Ralph Waldo Emerson